Pinterest can definitely be a HUGE source for traffic for your blog so why not make it easier for your readers to follow you? With the Pinterest Developer tools, you can easily embed your profile, a board or even a specific pin into a text widget on your WordPress blog.
So why would you want to embed your Pinterest profile, boards or pins??? To get more followers of course! Profiles and boards go really well in your sidebar or footer – however you can add a specific pin at the bottom of your blog post to encourage repinning.
Although I make reference to embedding in a text widget, you can also add the code to posts or pages (text mode).
Embedding your Pinterest Profile
- Head over to the Pinterest Widget Builder. Click on “Profile” at the very right:
- Under “Pinterest User URL”, paste in your Pinterest profile URL:
- Under “Custom Sizes”, you can pick whatever size works best for you – I’ve just left it as “Square”. Below this, you will see a preview of your profile (how it will show on your blog):
- Below the preview, you will see the code you need to copy to insert into your blog:
- Paste the code into your text widget and click “Save”:
- VOILÀ! Refresh your screen and you should now see your Pinterest Profile on your blog in a text widget!
Embedding a Pinterest Board
- Head over to the Pinterest Widget Builder and click on “Board”.
- Under Pinterest Board URL, enter the full URL of the board you want to showcase.
- Like the Pinterest Profile, you can choose your own size (depending where you are putting it). Below this you will see a preview for your board.
- Below the preview is the code that you need to copy to your clipboard.
- Paste the above code into a text widget and you’re all set!
Embedding a Pinterest Pin
Embedding a pin is just as easy as embedding a profile or board. I’ll spare you the step-by-step screenshots because it is done exactly the same way. Head over to the Pinterest Widget Builder and this time (you guessed it), you need to click on “Pin”.
Simply add the URL of the pin you want to promote (same as with the profile and/or board), and copy + paste the code where you want it to show.